Approximately one ago we launched the breakthrough Learning Generation report. Now we are proud to share an update highlighting our progress. The 2017 Progress Report brings the Commission’s Four Transformations – improve performance, unlock innovation, ensure inclusion and expand finance – to life.
The Commission’s Progress Report:
- Addresses the strength of our recommendations. And outlines the ambitious yet credible action plan guiding this work.
- Includes vivid descriptions of the more than a dozen Pioneer Country visits held – from Ghana to Vietnam.
- Conveys the commitment of many heads of state and government to close the education funding gap.
- Offers an update on the innovative International Finance Facility for Education (IFFEd). Through public and private donors, IFFEd can mobilize new financial resources – up to $10 billion annually. The 2017 Group of 20 Leaders’ Declaration acknowledged the proposed Finance Facility and supported its advancement
- Describes the new Education Workforce Initiative, that offers fresh thinking about the role of teachers and their support staff.
- Commits to Progressive Universalism, aiming to ensure that all advancements in education will benefit even the hardest to reach and most vulnerable young people.
We also encourage you to check out: