The Education Youth Video Challenge Rules
- Entrants to the Education Video Challenge must be between the ages of 13 and 30 years old. Participants will be asked to certify their age when entering, and the Education Commission reserves the right to verify the age of any participant, including potential winners.
- Video submissions must be created by and owned by the entrant.
- Videos should reflect the entrant’s views on global education around the themes of passion, ideas, action, and equality.
- People appearing in the video do not have to be youth, but the videos should reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections on global education.
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are between the ages of 13 to 30.
- Users may submit more than one video to the competition.
- Immediate family members of the jurors of the Education Youth Video Challenge are not eligible to enter the video contest.
- Preferably all videos should be submitted through the competition page on the Education Commission’s website or Facebook page.
- Video entries may be recorded in any language, but English subtitles are highly encouraged.
- All videos must be 30 seconds maximum, including title and end credits.
Consent and Copyright
- If the entrant is a minor in his/her country of residence then the entrant must get the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to enter.
- The Education Commission will seek written consent of the parents or legal guardians of the makers of the winning videos.
- Entrants must get the consent of everyone appearing in their videos if their faces are recognizable.
- Entrants must get the consent of everyone whose music is used in their videos unless consent is not needed (due to lack of copyright etc.).
- Entrants must get the consent of everyone whose copyrighted, patented or trademarked material appears in their videos.
- No video may contain vulgarity, violence, defamatory language or any other subject deemed by the Education Youth Video Challenge organizers to be inappropriate for the themes of the competition.
- Videos may be of whatever type, style or genre that the entrant wishes – animated, documentary, drama, music video, comedy, personal testimonial, etc.
- Videos should show the youth’s thoughts, experiences, opinions, questions, ideas and suggestions that help answer one or both of the following questions :
- How can education best prepare you for your future?
- What would your ideal school of the future look like?
Use of the Video
- The makers of the video entries will continue to own the rights of their videos, but when they submit a video to the Education Video Challenge they agree that The Education Commission and its affiliates have unlimited use of the video.
- The Education Commission and its associated partners reserve the right to show any submitted videos a limitless, noncommercial, number of times in whatever format they deem fit in order to further the educational aims of The Education Commission.
- The Education Commission and its associated partners reserve the right to use the video and the video makers’ names or likenesses in any of The Education Commission’s related promotional or advertising venture without compensation to the entrant.
- The makers of the video agree to the possibility of wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, satellite, internet, film festivals and DVD.
- Video entries must be received by the Education Commission by 11:59pm EST (New York City Time/GMC -5hours) on June 30, 2016.
- Entries received after this time will not be considered by the Education Commission.
Prizes and Awards
- The top three winning videos will be selected by the Youth Panel and selected jurors of the Education Commission. The Grand Prizewinner (must be over 18 years old) will receive an invitation to New York to see his/her video screened at the Commission’s report launch in September; the Second Prizewinner will receive an iPad mini (16GB, wifi); and the Third Prizewinner will receive an HP Chromebook (11-inch laptop computer, 4GB RAM).
- People’s Choice Award: One winner, determined by the greatest number of public votes, will be given the People’s Choice Award and receive a GoPro Hero4 Session waterproof video camera.
- Winning videos will receive broad recognition and exposure through wide multi-platform distribution of their work through our partners and networks.
- Winning entrants will be notified no later than August 15, 2016.
- Video entries will be judged by the Youth Panel of the Education Commission on the following three criteria:
- Power of the video and its message (includes creativity and the story and ideas expressed in the video related to global education and the challenge questions) (33.33%);
- Potential impact on the competition objectives of raising awareness about global education issues and addressing one or both of the video challenge questions (33.33%); and
- Originality (33.33%)
Decisions of the Education Video Challenge jury are final and not subject to negotiations or appeal.
People’s Choice Winner
- The Contestant whose Entry receives the highest number of votes before the deadline, based soley on the public voting of registered visitors on the competition application site will receive a GoPro Hero4 Session camera.
- Use of an automated process or similar device to submit an electronic vote is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to use automated vote process will subject all votes for the person to disqualification. If a Contestant receives irregular vote, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or source, the Education Commission reserves the right to disqualify the Contestant in their sole discretion. If the voting process for the People’s Choice Award fails to operate properly or appears tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Education Commission in its sole discretion reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner of the People’s Choice Aware, i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. Contestants may not pay people or provide any type of consideration in exhange for votes. Any Contestant who violates the ban on paying or providing consideration in exchange for votes will be disqualified. Public votes may be displayed on the competition website, on a real-time basis, before being verified for integrity. These unverified votes do not necessarily reflect accurately the winner of the People’s Choice Award. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will be the entrant who is contacted directly by the Education Commission after votes have been verified. The Education Commission reserves the right to modify the voting period at any time for any reason.
The International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity (The Education Commission) is a sponsored project of the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA).
The Education Youth Video Challenge Terms And Conditions
The International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity (The Education Commission) is a sponsored project of the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA).
By submitting and Entry, every Participant agrees and accepts that:
- The contest is open for nationals of ALL countries of the world. Participants must be over the age of 13 when entering. Minors are responsible for ensuring their submission is in compliance with the legal requirements of their country.
- Content from sources other than Participant must be clearly marked throughout the submission and properly cited.
- All Entries must be original. Any form of plagiarism or copyright infringement will result in automatic disqualification.
- Video entries must be thirty (30) seconds or less. Submitted videos may be recorded in any language, but English subtitles are highly encouraged.
- Participant retains ownership and all rights to use his/her video entry, but Participant gives Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors a license to use the entry for non-commercial purposes, including for promotion, public display, informational, educational, or awareness purposes, with attribution credit given to the Participant who submitted the Entry.
Intellectual Property and Publicity Rights
By submitting an Entry, Participants grant Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors those rights in connection with that Entry provided below in the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Anonymous Entries: Participants may submit Entries anonymously, and those Entries may be adjudged winners, and receive votes for People’s Choice, but anonymous Entries are not eligible for prizes
- Conduct: Failure to comply with these Rules may result in disqualification from the contest. Participant agrees to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors may update and/or modify these Rules in its sole discretion.
- Affirmation of Ownership and Eligibility: By entering this contest, Participant declares, represents and warrants that Participant is the rightful owner of the Entry, and of the patents, copyrights, and/or trademarks associated with the Entry. By entering this contest, Participant further declares, represents and warrants that he/she has not 1) infringed on any third party rights, including copyrights, trademarks, industrial property, trade secrets confidentiality obligations and rights of privacy and publicity, or 2) violated any applicable law(s) in any countries in the world. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors assumes no responsibility for verifying the ownership and originality of Entries. However, if at any time Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors chooses, in its sole discretion to verify the ownership and originality of Entries, by entering this contest Participant agrees that Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors has the right to verify the ownership and originality of any Entry and that upon request, Participant shall submit a written copy of any release or permission Participant has received from a third party granting Participant the right to use such property. Participant understands that in the event a submission is selected as a winning Entry, and Participant’s ownership rights and the originality of Participant ‘s Entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors or is in any other way ineligible, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors may select an alternate winner based on the same judging criteria.
lf after announcing the Winning Entries Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors determines Participant has misrepresented, misstated, or mischaracterized Participant ‘s Entry of this contest in any way or Participant is not the rightful owner of the submitted Entry, the Entry may be withdrawn and disqualified from the Contest, and any privileges received by winning this contest may be rescinded. Any determinations made by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors in withdrawing and disqualifying any Entry will be final and confidential. By entering this contest Participant agrees to keep any controversies between him/her and Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors confidential and Participant further agrees not to disparage Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors in any dispute or controversy.
- No Recourse to Judicial Procedures: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to any other recourse to judicial procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this contest are hereby excluded, and Participant expressly waives any and all such rights.
- Preservation of immunities: Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, or any other member of the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, which are specifically reserved.
By registering with us or using or browsing the Site, User acknowledges that he has read, understood, and agrees to be bound by this Agreement. lf User does not agree to these Terms and Conditions, User can stop using the Site at any time.
The Site is not directed to Users younger than 13 and is offered only to Users 13 years of age or older. lf you are under 13 years old, please do not use the Site.
General Terms and Conditions.
- Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors is pleased to allow Users, subject to these Terms and Conditions, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Site, to visit the Site and; (i) to use the blogs, bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists, music player, interactive games or other social media (collectively, “Interactive Tools”); (ii) upload links, comments, recommendations, forums, photos, videos, music, sounds, images, text, files, listings, logos, trademarks, postings, messages, tags and other content or material (collectively “Content”) through the Interactive Tools that may be available on this Site. Some Interactive Tools and other applications of the Site may: (i) ask the User to register and provide personal information such as name, gender, city, email address, school, work, employer or organizational affiliation, country of citizenship or residence; (ii) require the User to post information or allow the User to create new Content through the interaction with lnteractive Tools such as the Education Commission website/the Education Video Challenge (the information required by the lnteractive Tools, the new Content created through the interaction with lnteractive Tools and the Content submitted by Users in order to respond to the challenge posted on the Education Commission website/the Education Video Challenge (“Entries”) will be collectively referred to as “Posted lnformation” and, jointly with Personal lnformation, as the “lnformation”). Users are not allowed to collect product or service listings or descriptions displayed here, and are not allowed to perform any derivative use of this Site for the benefit of a third party.
- The International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity (The Education Commission) is a sponsored project of the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA).
Disclaimers, Limitations on Warranties and Representations, and Waivers.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to any third-party Content accessible via an internet link or any Content posted by the User or by any third party. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors disclaims any warranty that the Site or Content will meet your requirements or be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, that defects will be connected, or that the Site or the server that makes the Site available is free of viruses or other harmful components. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors makes no guarantee regarding (a) the amount, timing and delivery of any clicks or impressions with respect to any Content or advertising on the Site. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors does not ensure that User Information and Content will not be lost, misused, forged, destroyed, intercepted, targeted in a cyber attack or subject to unauthorized access, disclosure or modification. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors takes no responsibility, and assumes no liability for any lnformation or Content posted by the User or any third party on the Site.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Site for inappropriate Content or conduct. lf at any time Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors chooses, in its sole discretion to monitor the Site, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content of the Site, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
Use of this Site is at User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances shall Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, any other member of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, or any other content provider, be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from use of or in connection with any activity in relation to this Site, or as a result of the transmission or disclosure of confidential or partially disclosed Content or information (including, without limitation, anything (including any tools made available through this Site) that may personally identify the User or the Use/s location) through the access to or use of this Site or any lnteractive Tool or otherwise provided thereby, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto as well as any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, unauthorized distribution, modification or destruction of Content or lnformation provided or transmitted by User or forging of User’s e-mail.
Under no circumstances or legal theory, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors or any member of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, its Board of Executive Directors, donors, contractors, employees, or any other Content provider, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages or loss of profits, cost of cover, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors has been advised of the possibility of such damages), arising from or relating to this Agreement or the use or the inability to use the Site. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the User from Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors or through or from the Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
User specifically represents and warrants that, when accessing the Site: (i) User is 13 years of age or older; (ii) User will comply with all local, state, national and international laws, regulations, judicial or governmental orders and treaties that are applicable in the jurisdiction where the User is domiciled and/or accesses the Site (collectively “the Jurisdiction Laws”); and (iii) User is solely responsible for any violation of the Jurisdiction Laws.
User specifically acknowledges and agrees that Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors is not liable for any conduct of any User, including but not limited to violation of the Jurisdiction Laws. ln this regard, User is solely responsible and liable for all actions, activities, acts and omissions taken via the Use/s member account, User name and/or password, whether or not made with Users knowledge or authority. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that nothing in any agreement (or related policies) User may be subject to with any network creator or other party will alter, impair, supersede, amend or otherwise affect in any way any terms of this Agreement or any guidelines related thereto.
User represents and warrants that: (i) he owns or otherwise controls all the rights to the lnformation and Content uploaded or linked to his member account or through any interactive Tool; (ii) he has the right to grant the license set forth in Section 23; (iii) the lnformation and Content uploaded or linked to his member account or through any lnteractive Tool are accurate; (iv) by the supply of the lnformation and Content to Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, User does not violate this Policy and does not infringe the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity; and (v) he agrees to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of any Content uploaded or linked to his member account or through any lnteractive Tool.
This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various content providers. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of: (i) any advice, opinion or statement provided by any information provider or content provider; (ii) any Content or lnformation provided by any User of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, Content or lnformation shall also be at Use/s own risk. Neither Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, unauthorized distribution, destruction, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication tine failure, alteration of, or use of any Content or lnformation herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting there from.
As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, other members of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, its affiliates, and all content providers from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of User’s use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these Terms and Conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of terms and conditions of use of this Site, Use/s so/e and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
Nothing in this Site shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors not registered under the U.S. investment Advisers Act of 1940. Accordingly, nothing on such Site constitutes an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors to purchase or sell any shares or securities’ nor should it be considered as investment advice.
User may elect in User’s sole and exclusive discretion to interacting with other users and/or the general public in order to participate, on this Site. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that any such actions or activities performed as a part of Connect4Ctimate, including but not limited to interacting with other users or the general public are performed entirely and exclusively at User’s own risk. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that User may elect not to participate in the Education Commission website/the Education Video Challenge at any time, including any actions, activities or interaction with other users.
Links to third-party web sites and use of lnteractive Tools
This Site may contain links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors and Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors is not responsible for the Contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. These links are provided only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
This Site may contain lnteractive tools. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that he is solely responsible for the Content that he uploads or links to his member account and transmits to other Users through the lnteractive Tools as well as for his interactions with other Users. User agrees to use the lnteractive Tools only to send, receive and post messages and material that are proper and related to the particular content area. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using an lnteractive Tool, User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful Content.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted tiles, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters. Download any file posted by another User of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Disrupt the normal flow of communities or negatively affects other Users’ ability to participate in communities.
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone.
- Violate any Jurisdiction Laws.
- Violate or infringe upon any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other rights of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors or of any other person.
- Gain unauthorized access to the Site, other Users’ member accounts, names, passwords, personally identifiable information or other computers, websites or pages, connected or linked to the Site or use the
- Site in any manner which violates or is inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions.
- Modify, disrupt, impair, alter or interfere with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the Site or the rights of use and enjoyment of the Site by any other person.
- Constitute or promote lnformation or Content that User knows is false or misleading, furthers or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous.
- Transmit junk mail,” “chain letters,’ or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”.
- Post lnformation or Content that includes restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page).
- Solicit or collect personal data including telephone numbers, addresses, last names, email addresses, passwords or personal identifying information from other Users or other third parties.
- Promote commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent from Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
- Include a photograph or video of another person without that person’s consent.
- Knowingly communicate with any User under the age of 13 or communicate in an inappropriate manner with another User.
- Circumvent or modify, attempt to circumvent or modify or encourage or assist any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Site.
- Perform any automated use of the system, such as, but not limited to, using scripts to add fiends or send comments or messages.
- Use the member account, User name, or password of other User at any time or disclose his password to any third party or permit any third party to access his member account.
- Sell or otherwise transfer his member account or User name.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or with any applicable laws and regulations.
Some aspects of use of this Site, including without limitation use of certain lnteractive Tools are governed by Rules for the Education Video Challenge (“Rules”) attached to and hereby incorporated by reference to these Terms and Conditions. User understands, acknowledges and agrees that as a condition of use, user will abide by the Rules, as amended from time to time. lf User does not wish to be bound by the Rules, User may not use, access, display, download and/or otherwise copy or distribute Content obtained through that lnteractive Tool.
User acknowledges that exchanges on lnteractive and Social Media Toots are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors reserves the right for any reason to edit and remove without notice any Contents of the lnteractive Tools received from Users, including without limitation e-mail, blog comments, and bulletin board postings.
Registration. Some lnteractive Tools require the User to register and have a unique member account, with a User name and password combination, in order to access and use certain features or functions of the Site. To register, the User will be asked for Personal lnformation. Except as specifically provided for in the Site or herein, the Personal lnformation provided is only used for technical and customer administration and evaluation of the Site and may be shared with third parties only for these purposes. Examples of this type of data include statistics on which pages are most popular and which are least popular. The data collected is not intended to be traced back to a particular individual/User. The purpose of this data collection is so that Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors can better understand the preferences of its visitors and improve this Site and its services. ln this regard, the User grants Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors a right to use the data collected.
Registering on this Site is optional. lf User chooses not to register or provide Personal lnformation, User can still use the Site. However, User will not be able to use some lnteractive Tools, nor be able to receive certain communications such as emails and newsletters, for example.
lf User chooses to use any lnteractive Tool that requires registering or provision of Personal lnformation, part of User’s Personal lnformation such as e-mail address, gender, city, country, school, work, employment or organizational affiliation may be published, translated, distributed, displayed and in general be available to other Users registered on the Site.
User is entitled to cancel his member account anytime.
lP Addresses. The Site records User’s lP address and non-personal data such as browser type and operating system. This data helps us learn about the geographical distribution of our Site visitors and the technology they use to access our Site. This data is not connected with the Personal lnformation User supplies in connection with registration on the Site, except in certain cases of managing errors, in which case, the contents of the http request are captured when there is an error, which is used for troubleshooting. This includes any cookies that are present on the User’s computer, the page requested, IP address and browser information, for example.
Security. The Site employs a range of technologies to protect the data maintained on our systems. Despite such undertaking, it is possible for internet-based communications to be intercepted, subject to unauthorized access, lost, misused, disclosed, modified, forged, destroyed or targeted by cyber attacks. Therefore, as stated in Section 3, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors cannot ensure that User Content and lnformation will not be intercepted, subject to unauthorized access, lost, misused, disclosed, modified, destroyed, or targeted by cyber-attack.
Security Notice. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors reserves the right but not the obligation to monitor any Content, where posted on this Site. For Site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all Users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change Content, or otherwise cause damage: Unauthorized attempts to upload Content or change Content on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law. lf monitoring reveals evidence of possible criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to law enforcement personnel.
User Names and Passwords. Member accounts, User names and passwords are personal to each User. Users shall not allow any others to use their member account, User name or password under any circumstances. Each User is responsible for guarding his password carefully with the full awareness that a failure to keep his password secure will enable others to engage in transactions for which the User will be legally responsible. Users shall notify immediately Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors if they become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of (or activity using) their member account, User name or password or any other need to deactivate their member account, User name or password due to security concerns.
Copyrights and Content posted by User
The Content of this web site is copyright protected under United States and lnternational Laws. Unauthorized use of the Content is strictly prohibited.
User grants Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable and transferable right to use, reproduce, modify, delete, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Posted lnformation throughout the world in any media for non-commercial use, including for promotion, public display, informational, educational or awareness purposes, with attribution credit given to the identified User. User grants Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors the right to use the name that User submits in connection with such Posted lnformation. User agrees not to contest any use or reproduction that the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors may undertake of the Posted lnformation. User grants Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable and transferable right to publish, translate, distribute and display his/her name, photograph, likeness and part of his Personal lnformation.
User grants Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable and transferable right to use, reproduce, modify, delete, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such intellectual property contained in any such Entry for non-commercial use, including for promotion, public display, informational, educational or awareness purposes, with attribution credit given to the identified User. To the extent that any Entry contains any intellectual property previously developed by the User or by third parties, and to the extent that the User creates any derivative work as referred to above, the User hereby grants to Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors a license over such previously developed intellectual property and over any derivative work, on the same terms as specified above, without any additional compensation. Any such previously developed intellectual property shall be so identified with the Entry.
User hereby agrees that if his Posted lnformation is removed from the Site, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors shall retain the rights granted in this Section, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors may choose to use lnformation and Content to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may choose to trade with such profiles and statistical data, as long as the profiles or statistical data cannot be linked to any specific data subject, including User, by a third party.
Except as provided in connection with Entries, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors does not claim any ownership rights to the Content that User uploads or links to his/her member account using the Site.
Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect unless and until User member account is terminated as provided herein. User is entitled to remove his Content, Posted lnformation and cancel his/her member account at any time. ln this case, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors retains the license rights as provided the Rules.
Any dispute or difference involving Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors arising out of, or in connection with, the Site or the use of the Site which cannot be amicably settled between the parties to such dispute shall be arbitrated in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect by one arbitrator appointed in accordance with those rules. The arbitration shall take place in the District of Columbia. Any resulting arbitration decision shall be final and binding on both parties. Judgment upon any arbitration award in favor of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Preservation of Immunities
Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, which are specifically reserved.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to:
- alter, limit or discontinue the site or any Content in any respect. Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith;
- to delete, disable, deactivate or terminate member accounts, remove or edit Content, cancel services, block User’s email, lP address, or otherwise terminate User’s access to or use of this Site or any portion thereof in its sole discretion and without notice;
- shut down the Site or any lnteractive Tool, with or without notice, and with no liability of any kind to User; or
- change, alter or amend these Terms and Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement at any time, without notice to any User.
No waiver by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in a writing signed by its duly authorized representative.
If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at email@example.com.